The work of the Association is conducted by the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee are volunteer members elected by the membership.
The collective responsibility of the Executive Committee is to:
- Draw on the knowledge and experience of the membership.
- Maintain cohesive relationships with the membership and stakeholders.
- Communicate openly and regularly with the membership and stakeholders on matters related to its objectives.
- Communicate openly and regularly with IMPA and overseas pilotage organisations on matters related to its objectives.
- Provide expert representation to any NZ Government body or investigative commission if requested.
- Raise and manage funds for the purpose of pursuing its objectives.