About the NZMPA
The New Zealand Maritime Pilots’ Association
The New Zealand Maritime Pilots’ Association (NZMPA) was formed in 1986.
We are a non-profit, tax-exempt organisation comprising marine pilots and pilot exempt Masters from New Zealand and associate marine pilot members from overseas. We are not a trade union.
Through collaborative engagement with members and stakeholders we commit to:
- Continuous improvement of safety and standards in marine pilotage.
- Promoting best practice in marine pilotage, pilot training and professional development.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies and human science pertaining to marine pilotage.
- Facilitating knowledge sharing with all key stakeholders and organisations.
- Actively supporting the International Maritime Pilots’ Association in its role as a consultative member of the International Maritime Organisation.
The Association has two revenue streams:
- Annual subscription fees for members
- Stakeholder sponsorship
Revenue is managed by the Executive Committee in pursuit of our objectives.
All financial transactions are recorded by the Treasurer. Annual financial reports for the Association can be accessed via the website.
Be part of an organisation whose objectives focus on continuous improvement and learning.